Reports to: Operations Manager
We are looking for a charismatic and driven Service Technician who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is ready to take the next step in their career! Our Service Technician’s provide top of the line technical services to residential and commercial customers. This includes emergencies calls, routine maintenance, installation, commissioning and repair of pumps, boilers and DHWT’s. Our Service Technicians provide exceptional service to ensure our customers are happy with their experience.
Here is who you are...
Drive & Motivation
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven ability to meet deadlines and efficiently prioritize
- You thrive in a problem-solving environment and are willing to take initiative
Character & Abilities
- You have strong interpersonal and organization skills
- You demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with hands-on and team-orientated work style
- You value transparent communication
Skills & Experience
- You have a Red Seal Plumbing Certification and Gasfitter “B” Ticket
- You have at least one year of experience of service in plumbing/heating
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- You have a Class 5 Driver’s license
- Cross Connection Ticket is considered an asset
- SmartServe experience is concerned an asset
Things you will do...
- Perform installations and repairs in all aspects of service plumbing and heating field including but not limited to pipe repairs, install of pipes, boilers and hot water tanks, troubleshooting, HVAC repairs, excavations, drain cleaning, etc.
- Warmly answer any customer questions and outline work to be done on site
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms and maintaining customer history accurately with attention to detail
- Keep company equipment in working condition by following operating instructions; trouble shooting breakdowns, maintaining tool supplies i/e drill bits, consumables used in day to day calls, performing maintenance, arranging repairs of company equipment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and taking part in supplier/factory training organized by service division.
- Identify potential business opportunities
- Available for both regular shifts and on-call emergencies