Reports to: General Manager
We are looking for a charismatic and detail oriented Service Technician to join our service plumbing department. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about plumbing and enjoys solving problems and creating solutions. Our Service Technicians are also responsible for both internal and external service to ensure our customers are happy for the work and quality completed. If you value quality, safety, customer service and plumbing, this is the right role for you!
WHO WE ARE…
Point Grey Plumbing and Heating is a residential and commercial plumbing company, specializing in service. We are a sister company of Tap Roots Plumbing and Heating for 20+ years. Point Grey and Tap Roots share the values of respect and integrity, safety, quality and customer service. We offer company paid extended health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, tuition reimbursement and lots of growth opportunities!
This position also comes equipment with a company vehicle, gas card, phone and iPad for business purposes.
Here is who you are...
Requirements for Position
- You have a Red Seal Plumbing Certification or are active enrolled in the apprenticeship program
- You have a Gasfitter "B" Ticket or are currently working towards one
- You have a Class 5 Driver's License
- You have at least 2 years of service experience in service plumbing, including working independently on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
Nice to Have
- Service Titan experience is considered an asset
- Cross Connection Ticket is considered an asset
Things you will do...
- Perform installations and repairs in all aspects of service plumbing and heating field including but not limited to pipe repairs, install of pipes, fixture replacement and system maintenance for commercial and residential customers.
- Install and maintain boilers for residential and commercial customers
- Answer any customer questions and outline work to be done on site
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms and maintaining customer history accurately with attention to detail · Keep company equipment in working condition by following operating instructions; trouble shooting breakdowns, maintaining tool supplies i/e drill bits, consumables used in day to day calls, performing maintenance, arranging repairs of company equipment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and taking part in supplier/factory training organized by service division
- Identify potential business opportunities and provide recommendations to customers
- Available for both regular shifts and on-call emergencies
- Prioritize safety, by operating in a safe and professional manner as per the policies and procedures in place.