We are looking for a driven and knowledgeable Lead Plumber Technician to join our Service Department. This is a great role for someone looking to take the next step in their plumbing career and take on the challenges of quality, installation and training. Our Service Technician’s provide top of the line technical services to residential and commercial customers. This includes emergencies calls, heating, boilers, routine maintenance, installation, commissioning and repair of pumps, boilers and DHWT’s. This role is a great hybrid opportunity for someone looking to take on a leadership position, while still working in the tra
This position is based on the road to best service our customers – a company vehicle and gas card will be provided for position purposes
WHO WE ARE…
Point Grey Plumbing and Heating is a residential and commercial plumbing company, specializing in service. We are a sister company of Tap Roots Plumbing and Heating for 20+ years. Point Grey and Tap Roots share the values of respect and integrity, safety, quality and customer service. We offer company paid extended health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, tuition reimbursement and lots of growth opportunities!
Here is who you are...
Requirements for Position
- You have a Red Seal Plumbing Certification or are active enrolled in the apprenticeship program
- You have a Class 5 Driver's License
- You have experience leading teams
- You have at least 10+ years of experience in Plumbing and Heating
- You are able to lift up to 50lbs and work on your feet for extended periods of time
Who You Are
- You have the ability to problem solve technical plumbing issues
- You have the ability to work with others and independently on tasks assigned
Nice to Have's
- You have a Gas B Ticket
- You have experience with Housecall Pro or other Dispatch Platform
Things you will do...
- Mentor and coach Journeyman and Apprentices on best practices for Plumbing and Heating, including checking installed work, demonstrating techniques, and abiding by the code
- Collaborates with Human Resources Manager and Sales Manager on employee performance, including feedback on performance and suggestions for improvement
- Champions work in the service division and leads installation and completion of tickets
- Leads by example and abides by all company and site safety regulations as established
- Strives for continuous improvement and provides recommendations for changes to make the company run more efficiently, focused on reduction in labour, materials and waste while putting quality of installation top of mind
- Supports Human Resources Manager and Sales Manager in implementing new policies and procedures, providing suggestions based on experience and department needs
- Perform installations and repairs in all aspects of service plumbing and heating field including but not limited to pipe repairs, install of pipes, boilers and hot water tanks, troubleshooting, HVAC repairs, excavations, drain cleaning, etc.
- Warmly answer any customer questions and outline work to be done on site
- Consult customer and provide quotations as needed
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms and maintaining customer history accurately with attention to detail
- Invoice customer for labour and materials used, outlining the costs and walking them through the invoice, followed by collecting payment when necessary
- Keep company equipment in working condition by following operating instructions; trouble shooting breakdowns, maintaining tool supplies i/e drill bits, consumables used in day to day calls, performing maintenance, arranging repairs of company equipment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and taking part in supplier/factory training organized by service division.
- Identify potential business opportunities and provide recommendations to customers